How to get there
The Sanctuary of Lourdes is accessed directly (15 km) by the A 64 motorway: exit "Lourdes" (n°12 Tarbes-Ouest), then RN 21.
- Bordeaux-Lourdes via the A 65 then the A 64 and the RN 21 = 2h30
- Toulouse-Lourdes via the A 65 then the RN 21 = 2h
There are numerous free parking facilities in town and in the vicinity of the Sanctuary.
Lourdes has a train station served by the TGV and regional trains. The Sanctuary is less than 10 minutes walk from the train station.
- Paris-Lourdes (5h30 by TGV): 4 return services each day
- Direct rail links: Bordeaux / Toulouse / Montpellier / Marseille / Nice / Lyon / Hendaye /Geneva / Irun
See the internet site of the Lourdes train station
The International Airport Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrénées is situated 10 km north of the Sanctuary of Lourdes.
- 3 daily flights to Paris-Orly
- 2 to 5 weekly return flights to London Stansted
- 2 weekly flights to Brussels from April to October
- 2 weekly flights to Milan Bergamo
- 2 weekly flights to Rome Fumicino from May to October
- 2 weekly flights to Rome Ciampino from April to October
- 2 weekly flights to Krakov from April to October
Lourdes is on the Camino of Saint James of Compostela. There are several signposted routes: the GR 101 and the GR 78.
See the website of the Association of the Friends of the Way in the High Pyrenees