Walk the streets of Lourdes and discover the places where Bernadette Soubirous lived.
In following Bernadette’s footsteps, you will discover the relevance of the Message of Lourdes through the life of the one who saw the Virgin Mary. You can be accompanied by a guide (ask at the Sanctuary Information Centre) or make your own way.
The itinerary "In Bernadette’s footsteps" in Lourdes
- Museum of Saint Bernadette (Boulevard Rémi Sempé, between Saint Joseph’s gate and Saint Michael’s gate)
- The Boly Mill, Bernadette’s birthplace (nearest Saint Michael’s gate)
- The Cachot, where Bernadette lived during the Apparitions (rue des Petits-Fossés, in the town centre).
- The Parish Church of Lourdes, where you will find Bernadette’s baptismal font.
- The Hospice of Lourdes, where you can still visit the chapel of the hospital where Bernadette made her First Communion on 3rd June 1858.