You come alone or with family? The Disabled Pilgrims Service welcomes you.
The Disability Service is a space in the Sanctuary led by the OCH (Christian Board of disabled people), which provides:
- a cup of coffee and a chat
- a listening ear and a helping hand
- practical advice for organising your pilgrimage to Lourdes taking into account the various forms of disability ( learning, physical, sensorial or psychological)
- the loan of a wheelchair
- the presence of a person who practices sign language.
- a tactile model of the Sanctuary…
Some typical questions you may wish to ask:
- My 44 year old husband is disabled. We wish to come to Lourdes. How do we go about it?
- We live in Canada. We are coming to Lourdes for three days as a family with my wife who is suffering from Charcot disease. We would like a warm and personalised visit with the presence of a priest.
- Our schizophrenic son is coming to Lourdes. What assistance can you offer him?
- I am coming to Lourdes with a group of hearing-impaired people. How best can we benefit from our visit?
- I am coming to Lourdes with a young Down Syndrome boy. How can I make him aware of the message of Bernadette?
Disabled Pilgrims Service
Sanctuary of Lourdes
Saint Michael’s Gate 65100 Lourdes
Tel: + 33 (0)5 62 42 79 92
Times during the pilgrimage season:
9.30 am- noon and 2.00 pm – 6.00 pm (except Sunday and Monday morning)
Discover the official website of the OCH Foundation www.och.fr