From 9 to 12 February 2018, on the occasion of the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes and World Day of the Sick, the Sanctuary of Lourdes organises the ‘February Days’ focusing on three key highlights.
The international colloquium ‘Transmission’ (9 and 10 February) and the celebration of the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes (11 February) are open to everyone. Monday 12 February is a special day reserved for Pilgrimage organisers and will focus on the planning of the pastoral year 2018.
NB The international colloquium ‘Transmission’ and the special day for Pilgrimage organisers will take place in the Church of Saint Bernadette in the Sanctuary.
Friday 9th and Saturday 10th February 2018
International colloquium ‘Transmission’
Open to everyone (mandatory registration)
DAY 1 : Friday / Childhood, Disability, New life
- 2.00pm – Bishop Brouwet. The meaning of “transmission”
- 2.30pm – Fr. André Cabes. Lourdes, from darkness to light
- 3.00pm – Pause
- 3.30pm – Mme Chantal Delsol: “Every childhood is a miracle”
- 4.30pm – Tugdual Derville: “With open arms”, Lourdes on the path of humanity
- 5.30pm – Et les mistrals gagnants (The smiles and happiness of sick children) Subtitled film
- 7.00pm – Testimony on the presence and life of the most fragile (with Anne-Dauphine Julliand, author of the film).
- 8.00pm – Cocktail /buffet
DAY 2 : Saturday / Young people today and the transmission of hope
- 8.30am – Mass
- 9.30am – Mary, Bernadette’s catechist. In the light of the catechetical programme “Viens et suis-moi” with Anne-Marie Le Bourhis and Fr. Laurent Ortega (Notre Dame de Vie)
- 10.00am – Hope for deprived suburbs, with Éric Mestrallet: Where are the vulnerable today?
- 10.30am –Internet, the new presbytery, with the Abbé Pierre Amar.
- 11.15am – Pause
- 11.30am –Discernment and growth. A school Director, a scout Chaplain (Fr. Cyprien Comte) in conversation with Sister Nathalie Becquart, Xaviere Sister in charge of the Service for the Evangelisation of young people and vocations
- 2.00pm – From Lourdes to the suburbs north of Marseille, in the clogs and through the eyes of Bernadette (Christine and Aymeric O’Neill)
- 2.30pm – Commitment of young people and vocational discernment (Fr. Vincent Siret, Superior of the French seminary in Rome)
- 3.30pm – Round Table with the speakers, chaired by Antoine-Marie Izoard, Editorial Director of Famille Chrétienne
- 4.30pm – Pause
- 5.00pm – Cardinal Baldisseri. The Synod on Young People: transmitting hope
- 6.00pm – Bishop Brouwet: the Synod in Lourdes
- 9.00pm – Marian Torchlight Procession
Sunday 11th February 2018
Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
- 10.00am – International Mass
- 3.00pm – EXPERIENCING THE YOUNG PEOPLE’S SYNOD in the presence of Cardinal Baldisseri
- 4.00pm – Anointing of the Sick and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament
- 5.30pm - Tribute to Abbé René Laurentin, historian and theologian of Lourdes. Texts and images
- 8.30pm – Oratorio “Aquerò”, on the spiritual path of Bernadette, by the choir Fideles and Amati from Rome
Monday 12th February 2018
Special day for pilgrimage organisers (mandatory registration)
- 8.30am – Mass
- 9.30am – Bishop Brouwet: “Dare to change!”
- 10.00am – Fr. André Cabes: “Do whatever He tells you!”
- 10.30am – Pause
- 11.00am – G. de Vulpian: A new vision for the Sanctuary
- 11.30am– With the Chaplains and the Department Heads: New propositions and new programming
- 2.30pm –Collaborative workshop
- 3.30pm – Scheduling of future meetings