Measures taken by the Sanctuary
– The wearing of face-masks will be compulsory in the Sanctuary.
– At the two main entrances, members of the hospitality will be available to welcome and
provide information for pilgrims.
– The members of the religious communities of Lourdes, helped by markings on the
ground, will be accompanying groups of ten people wishing to visit the Grotto.
– The “chapelains” will be continuing the uninterrupted prayer in the Grotto and will
be offering the sacrament of Reconciliation at the Church of St. Bernadette, respecting
– Opposite the Grotto (right bank), at the chapels of light, as well as at the Grotto water
taps, pilgrims are invited to respect social distancing. Markings on the ground will make
it easier for everyone to understand how this works. Members of the Hospitality and
Sanctuary guards will ensure that the duration of personal meditation is not excessive.
- Sanctuary opening times from 2pm to 6pm
Access saint Michael’s gate saint joseph’s gate
- Accompaniment group of ten pilgrims access opposite the grotto at the chapels of light as well as the taps for water from the grotto confessions
- Wearing a face mask is compulsory in the sanctuary
- No celebrations baths closed
- Uninterrupted prayer at the grotto continues